Aluminum Foil Grilled Amberjack
- 2 One-Pound portions of fresh Amberjack boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic
- Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 4 tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- Juice from two Large Lemons Freshly Squeezed
- Optional: If you really like a smoky grilled flavor on your fillets, you can brush them with olive oil and place them on the grill until grate marks begin to appear on each side or about 1 ½ minutes per side. Then continue with the rest of this recipe.
- Preheat Grill to Medium-High Heat. Cut two 10×10 inch pieces of aluminum foil and lay them out on a flat surface. Place each piece of fish in the center and slightly angle all edges up so no liquid will escape while preparing recipe.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and garlic in even amounts over fish. Also top with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika. Put butter in right before closing up aluminum foil.
- Bring foil up over each piece and close all edges with tight folds. Leave a small pocket above fish to all for adequate steaming. Place in grill with lid closed, off of direct heat. Cook for about 25-30 minutes. When done be careful opening aluminum as steam will escape and be extremely hot. Serve with your favorite grilled summer vegetables such as squash, zucchini, or asparagus tips.
Note: Can also be done in the oven. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes.