Mexican Style Shrimp Cocktail
-1lb chilled, cooked medium (41/50 count) Gulf Shrimp. Peeled and deveined and tails removed.
-1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes diced
-1/2 an avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
-1/2 serrano pepper with seeds finely chopped
-1/3 of the bunch of cilantro, only the leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup of chilled clamato juice
- 1 cup of chilled ketchup
- Hot pepper sauce (ex: tabasco or valentino)
- Salt and Pepper
1. Start by prepping your veggies and herbs. Keep avocado separate. Then combine clamato juice, ketchup, hot pepper sauce and lime juice in with the veggies. Do not mix together just yet! Set in fridge while you cook the shrimp.
2. To cook the shrimp you will need to get a skilled and pour water and salt in it and then bring it to a high simmer. When ready place the shrimp into the water and cook for about 2 1/2-3 minutes of till fork tender. Drain and immediately run cold water over shrimp to stop the cooking. You may also give them an ice bath.
3. Combine all ingredients and gently mix them by "folding" them until covered.
4. Place Mexican Style Shrimp Cocktail in your choice of serving dish (es) and place the chunks of avocado on top along with lemons and garnishes. Serve with saltine crackers and hot pepper sauce.