1 1/4 Pounds Black Drum Skin Off Cut Into Chunks
1 Pound Large Gulf Shrimp (16/20) Peeled and Deveined Cut in Half
1 pound of Long Grain Rice
8 ounces Tomato Sauce
Salt, Pepper, & Garlic to taste
8 ounces of Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
½- ¾ Pounds Grated Pepper Jack Cheese
- In a large skillet, pour about two tablespoons of olive oil with your rice to brown stirring occasionally at a medium high heat until rice turns white.
- Pour your tomato sauce into the skillet mixing with enough hot water to cover the rice in your pan and stir.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic to taste and any other spices you may prefer (slap ya mama products work well if you like spicy), along with 8 ounces of Rotel.
- Cover skillet with lid and allow to cook for about 7 minutes, adding water if needed.
- Add your Black Drum and stir into the mixture and allow to cook for about 3-5 more minutes.
- Add your shrimp and allow to cook for about another 3-5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and allow rice to soak up any excess water.
- Cover top with grated pepper jack cheese, replace the lid and wait till cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy a Groomer's tradition!