Recipe Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning fish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning fish
- 2 shallots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound frozen artichokes, thawed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the halibut and season with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Cook the fish on the grill pan until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and artichokes and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the white wine and stir, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and juice, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Ladle the artichoke and tomato broth into shallow bowls. Top with the grilled halibut. Serve immediately.