- 4 Medium Sized Tomatillos, peeled
- 1 Serrano Pepper, seeded and sliced in strips (Leave seeds in for more heat)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Medium Onion, minced
- 1 Large Avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Hothouse Tomato, cut into large dice.
- 1/2 a bunch of Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Chipotle Seasoning
- Kosher Salt and Cracked Ground Pepper to taste
- 1 pound of fresh Gulf Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- Cilantro and Limes for Garnishes
- Place the tomatillos, serrano, garlic, onion, avocado and kosher salt in a food
processor and pulse until it gains a chunky, well mixed consistency. Place mixture
in mixing bowl and stir in cilantro and diced tomato. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl stir olive oil, chipotle seasoning, salt, and pepper.
When well mixed throw in shrimp and toss until fully coated.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat with a teaspoon of olive oil. Add
shrimp and cook each side approximately 2-3 minutes or until shrimp begins to
change color. Heat corn tortillas up in microwave or in separate pan. Place 3-4
shrimp in each tortilla and spoon some of the salsa in each taco. Garnish with a few
sprigs of cilantro and limes on the side.