- 1 Monkfish Tail
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 1 Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/4 cup Panela Cheese julienne
- 1 package of Bacon thin sliced
- 1 Bottle of Sutter Buttes Lime Infused Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Toothpicks soaked in water
- Fire roast peppers until charred. Once peppers are charred place them in a zip lock plastic bag for around 5 minutes to help remove the skin.
- Butterfly cut the monkfish from the side and tenderize with a meat mallet. Next season with the lime infused olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Take out the peppers and rinse out the seeds under running water. Next, dice the peppers and mix together.
- Lay the cheese and diced peppers through out the Monkfish on one side of the butterfly cut. Flip the empty side to cover the cheese and peppers and wrap the bacon around the tail using toothpicks to keep the bacon in place.
- Grill or Saute at a medium-high heat. Turn the tail as the bacon browns, being sure to cook all sides evenly. Once bacon is browned and the internal temperature is 140 to 145 degrees remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Once the five minutes are up, slice into medallions, and serve.