Note: Piccata sauce and the sauce used to make Shrimp Scampi are very similar so you will notice how close it is to that recipe other than the addition of capers and a
few other small changes.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Six-Eight Ounce fillets of any Rainbow Trout
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup of dry white wine (Chardonnay etc.)
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 2 tbsp of capers, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup of finely diced tomato
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat sauté pan with olive oil over medium high heat. When hot add first trout
fillet flesh side down and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook other side for
another 3 minutes or until done. Remove fillet from pan to another hot plate and
place second fillet in pan. Cook in the same fashion as first fillet. Remove fillet to
- Add another two tablespoons of olive and stir to break off tasty scraps from
bottom of pan. Mix in chopped garlic, cooking for a minute or so to soften garlic.
Add white wine and reduce by one half.
- Reduce Heat. Mix in lemon juice, capers, and tomatoes. Add butter 1 tablespoon
at a time mixing gently over low heat to create proper consistency in sauce. (Don’t
do this over high heat because butter will begin to break up and separate). Pour
sauce over fish fillets. Garnish with chopped parsley and add salt and pepper to
- Serve with Cappellini Pasta or any other of your favorite herb flavored pastas.
Add fresh toasted garlic bread for sopping up sauce.